We are pleased to inform you that our entire staff has completed the training for the Clean & Safe Stamp and that all our processes have been changed and enhanced to comply to the Safety and Regulations.
And we are now on the waiting list to receive the Seal that confirms that we are complying to all enhanced health and safety measures to protect our clients from any type of disease and especially the COVID-19.
This Seal is recognized by “Turismo de Portugal”.
Should you wish to know precisely what rules this seal implies, read the following list of requirements:
TRAINING FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
All employees received specific information and / or training on:
- Internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the procedures:
- Hand hygiene: wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
- Respiratory label: cough or sneeze into the forearm or use a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; always sanitize your hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing your nose
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands. If you did, sanitize your hands immediately
- Social conduct: Avoid (when possible) any contact close contact with customer. Reduce to a minimum contact between members of staff. Do not handshakes, kisses, shared job spaces (as much as possible), avoid face-to-face meeting. Dont’t share food, utensils, glasses and towels.
- Daily self-monitoring to assess fever (measure body temperature and record the measurement time and value), check for coughing or difficulty breathing.
- Comply with the guidelines of the Directorate-General for Health (DGS) for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes in establishments.
- How to comply with basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- What is the internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- The establishment has: Personal protective equipment in sufficient numbers for all workers; personal protective equipment available to customers (maximum capacity of the establishment), should they wish to purchase them; Stock of single-use cleaning materials proportional to their dimensions, including single-use cleaning wipes moistened with disinfectant, bleach and 70% alcohol; dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near the entry / exit points, and whenever applicable by floor, at the entrance of common facilities; waste container with non-manual opening and plastic bag.
- A place to isolate people that can be detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, which should preferably have natural ventilation or a mechanical ventilation system, and have smooth and washable coverings, bathroom, stock of cleaning materials. cleaning, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, used clothing collection bags, kit with water and some non-perishable foods.
- In the share sanitary facilities equipment for washing hands with liquid soap and paper towel (we only have private sanitary facility – none of them are shared).
- Washing and disinfection, in accordance with the internal protocol, of the surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring the control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobial.
- Cleaning, several times a day, surfaces and objects in common use (including counters, light and elevator switches, door handles, cabinet handles).
- Wet cleaning should be preferred over dry cleaning.
- Air renovation of rooms and enclosed spaces is done regularly.
- The disinfection of the pool is carried out as defined in an internal protocol.
- In the areas of restaurants and beverages, the reinforcement of the cleaning of utensils, equipment and surfaces is applied and a direct manipulation of food by customers and employees is avoided.
- Specific care for changing bed linen and cleaning in the rooms must be done in two phases and with adequate protection according to the internal protocols.
- The removal of bed linen and towels made without shaking or shaking it, rolling it outwards inwards, without touching the body and transporting it directly to the washing machine.
- Machine wash separately and at high temperatures staff clothing and bed linen / towels (around 60º C).
- That there is always a member of staff in service responsible to check compliance of procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the national health service).
- The decontamination of the isolation area whenever there are positive cases of infection and reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection whenever there are patients suspected of infection, especially on frequently used surfaces, as indicated by DGS.
- The storage of waste produced by patients suspected of infection must be placed in a plastic bag that will be closed and added into another plastic bag. The waste bag must be isolated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of bio hazardous medical waste.
Should you wish to read our entire protocol, please click on the above button