Links to another website
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you choose to click on these links, you will leave our website. Please note that we do not have any control over other website (even when a link is found on our website). Therefore, we shall not be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you will provide to other website and as they are not governed by this privacy statement. When visiting a website, we recommend that you exercise caution and read the privacy statement of each website as they will inform you on what will be done with your data.
Controlling your personal information
- Casal do Sol collects information, voluntarily given by the guest through through an electronic form or through direct contact with the client during check-in. Casal do sol will only collect the information needed for bookings (communications; compliance with laws and regulation of Portugal concerning the visits of foreign people; customer service). This information might includes: Name, Address, Telephone and Email Contact, Food Restrictions, Payment Mode, Identification Document and any other information provided to us by the Guest.
- When your reservation is made through an third party online booking site, some information shared with them will also be shared with Casal do Sol.
- Casal do Sol’s website uses analytical tools that gather the activity of a visitor on its website pages, and this information is anonymous in order to protect privacy. The information gathered by our tools on the website will helps us to make business decisions and create marketing strategies.
- You can withdraw consent at any time by sending an to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us (see last section for full contact details).
- Any information Casal do Sol holds about you encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
- Casal do Sol does not sell/rent/broker any information provided by the client to any entity, however, if required by governmental entities, we will share the minimum information corresponding to the authorities request.
Data collection, retention policy and security
- The Casal do Sol website uses SSL technology (https) in order to encrypt the information transferred.
- Usually payment to Casal do Sol is made by transfer from the client, however if an access to credit card information is required, Casal do Sol’s staff will only use it at the time of payment. Any other information will only be used when necessary in order to deal with your reservation;
- Credit card information is automatically removed a few days after your check-out;
- All other data is stored indefinitely as we will use it to allows us to improve our services to guests in the future.
Data is held in Portugal using this website and a digital lock file cabinet. Casal do Sol does not store Personal Data outside the EEA.
What are your rights towards your data?
At any point whilst Casal do Sol is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
In the event that Casal do Sol refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge and request a confirmation of what data is held by Casal do Sol, what it is used for and to which objective.
What information can you request ?
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Casal do Sol will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Casal do Sol is dissatisfied with the quality, further information requirements may be sought before Personal Data can be released. All requests should be made to email@example.com.