Let's Stop COVID-19 together
We hope this message finds you in good health and spirits. Our thoughts are with all those affected across the different countries, their families and loved ones.
This message aims to confirm that we have received the Clean & Safe Seal recognized by Turismo de Portugal. We also would like to inform you about the temporary measures we have adopted to comply to the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as the Directorate-General for Health of Portugal (DGS).
At Casal do Sol, we are committed to go above and beyond to keep you as safe as possible by enforcing the Clean & Safe measures (detailed here), however it is also very important to us to remain true to our values.
Warm & welcoming, caring & comfortable, design & simplicity.
Therefore even though we can no longer greet you with a warm handshake or a a hug, we will still welcome you with a hearty friendly smile as we are eager to offer you the calm, relaxing and unwinding stay that you deserve.
We do believe that we are all together in this new experience and we do count on your understanding and flexibility as we will need to enforce these new safety measures.
What makes Casal do Sol the perfect getaway ?
The guest house has limited rooms (2)
It is located in natural countryside environment of 4.5 hectares
The property has exclusive access to guests
Separate entrance to each room (including direct access to the exterior from the room)
Safe lounging spaces by the pool
What's new at Casal do Sol
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY 2020
In case you consider cancelling your reservation due to pandemic-related reasons, you can count on our understanding and flexibility.
Therefore we have made a few adjustments within our policies to provide you with more flexibility towards your booking and cancellation process.
- Existing Reservations. All individual reservations that are scheduled for arrival on or before June 30, 2020 can be changed t no addtion r cancelled at no charge, up to 72hours prior to your scheduled arrival day.
- New Reservations. Any individual reservations you make—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are booked between June 1st, 2020 and September 30th, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 72 hours before your scheduled arrival day
All deposites made for your bookings ,
we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Due to the influx of cancellations, it may take up to 30 days to complete your request. If you are a Hilton Honors member and cancel an Advanced Purchase rate, you may be eligible for a free night certificate for each cancelled night. Free night certificates can be used at our over 6,000+ properties worldwide. Stays must be completed by August 31, 2021.
ACCESS TO THE GUEST HOUSE
- Exclusive access to guests for any service. Access to the guest house is on booking or appointment only
- Access to the reception is permitted only 2 people at a time
- Hand sanitizer are available in all the guest house’s access points
- Each guest rooms has its own entrance and each guest’s room has a direct access to the exterior from the terrace
- None of the rooms will have been occupied the night before the new guest’s arrival to guarantee total disinfection and ventilation
- Check-in and check-out, for stays at Casal do Sol will take place at the reception. The guest must inform about their arrival time and departure via phone (call or written message)
- Casal do Sol’s Team will use protective equipment to interact with guests and the guests’s spaces
- No accommodation units, nor any common space, have air conditioning
CLEANING & SANITATION
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation measures, throughout the day, with a special focus on points of high contact
- Usage of bio-alcohol (bio-friendly) sanitation products with proven effectiveness in eliminating virus, bacteria and germs from surfaces, including textile fabric
- Regular airing of the entire accommodation and common spaces
- Elimination of any elements and decoration with frequent contact that cannot regularly be sanitized from rooms and common spaces
- Reinforced care in handling and washing textiles, namely sheets and towels
- Casal do Sol’s laundry service is temporarily unavailable
- Cleaning service team protected with specific personal protective equipment (disposable mask, visor and gloves and)
- Guests will be able to choose whether or not to have the cleaning service, by our team, of their accommodation unit during their stay
- Sanitizer products and materials available in the service room
FOOD AND DRINK SERVICES
- The shared kitchen for clients is temporarily unavailable
- The kitchen can be rented for exclusive usage for stays of 4 nights and more
- Breakfast service is available (upon request) and is served on guest’s private terrace. Advanced ordering is required
- Breakfast menus have been adapted to the current service dynamics
- Reinforcement of the Sanitation Measures including cleaning and sanitation of the areas used by guests, including in areas for meals
EXPERIENCES & ACTIVITIES
- A few group experiences and activities are temporarily unavailable (unless shared within the same group of guests)
- Casal do Sol will focus mainly on activities that can be operated from the exterior (weather permitting), such as trekking and yoga
- Experiences & activities’s availability have more constraints, due to the new requirements and legislations for COVID-19. We do recommend that you get in contact with the reception prior to your arrival to discuss the possibilities
- ties available is updated and can be consulted at the digital concierge provided before the stay, as well as on the slate board available at the reception
- All materials and equipment will be disinfected before and after use, as well as the spaces in which the activities take place
- The infinity pool is exclusively for the usage of guests staying at Casal do Sol
- The infinity pool system has been changed from a salted water to a chlorine
- Shoes or flip-flops must be used to access the swimming pool
- Towels must be used to sit or lie on the floor
- Floating objects such as water balloons, floating buoys are temporarily unavailable
- Regular sanitation and cleaning of the pool area
SUPPORT FOR SUSPICIOUS CASES COVID-19
- We have internal protocoles and contingency plans in place in case of a suspicion or a case of a COVID-19 outbreak
- All members of staff have specific and mandatory guidelines to follow. Also, cleaning and hygiene measures have been reinforced in all areas of the Guest House
- Our entire team is able to support our guests in case of emergence or suspicion of COVID-19 case
- We have direct contact and specialized support from the local health authority
NEW PROCEDURES FOR CASAL DO SOL
- Creation of new internal protocoles and procedures to meet all the new Health and Safety rules and legislations
- Training of each member of staff on the new procedures
- Mandatory daily change of clothing or uniforms in the workplace
- Employees have an individual Safety Kit that is mandatory to use during all working hours
- Areas with exclusive access to Casal do Sol’s team are cleaned and disinfected regularly
- Reduction in the number of employees per area (office included)
EXTERNAL SUPPLIERS AND SERVICES
- Suppliers with “Clean & Safe” seal are favored
- Suppliers have a prevention and contingency plan
- Security procedures applied in the handling and storage of the delivered goods
- All non-essential external services are temporarily interrupted
Due diligence from our Guests
- Wear a mask (indoors) in commonly shared space of the premises
- Hand hygiene: Hands need to be washed frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or you can use a hand sanitizer (containing at least 70% alcohol), covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them until they are dry
- Respiratory label: cough or sneeze into the forearm or use a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; always sanitize your hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing your nose
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands. If you did, sanitize your hands immediately
- Social conduct: Avoid (when possible) any contact close contact with customer. Reduce to a minimum contact with a member of staff
- Daily self-monitoring to assess fever (measure body temperature and record the measurement time and value), check for coughing or difficulty breathing
- Comply with the health and safety guidelines provided by Casal do Sol
- Wear a mask (indoors) in commonly shared space of the premises
- Comply with basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak
- Comply with the internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak that a staff member of Casal do Sol will provide you with
- Casal do Sol has: Personal protective equipment you you can purchase. Get in touch with a member of staff for more information